Thursday, September 7, 2023

My 5 News Sources

#1:    My number one source of news is Instagram. I follow multiple accounts run by news companies as well as people who follow up on important news as well. From music news, to political and sports news. There are accounts like NBC and FOX as well as ESPN and NESN. You can be in constant communication with the celebrity world and what is going on in their lives as well. I would recommend Instagram as a news source simply because it's easy and people are constantly posting, as well as creating things to show to the world. You could argue that I follow the individual news companies for their news, but I don't believe so. I believe that the way Instagram is evolving and making people open up, I believe in some cases it is a very valuable news outlet and it is constantly being used by and abundance of people gaining and sharing things that they have gone through or witnessed. 

https://www.instagram.com/

#2:    I would say I gain information and news the second most frequently from family and friends. I find myself having things to do all day long and the outside world does not necessarily affect me as it some does people. Whether that is feeling like people are in your business or if the prices of something go up and or down. Sure, they affect me. I would say the most impactful and important news is the news that is brought to you by peers or loved ones. This is because they are more applicable to be looking out for your well-being and also looking out for their own. The odds are what affects them might affect you as well. I do not think it is always reliable to be gaining information this way, believe me, just because you get information from someone does not mean that you have to believe it, at all. Most people's thoughts and what they say to other people are impacted by society and what others may think of them for saying that. So putting all these points into perspective the information you gain is the most informational because of the information itself and the way the other person portrays it to you. By doing this and gaining the real information or the maybe swayed information you gain a lot more insight. I think this is an important perspective for people to get information so they understand the world around them and how people react to things.

#3:    Television is another big part of the information I absorb. Growing up not having a phone I would always watch the TV with my parents, depending. I found myself watching the news in the morning or at night. My parents would always be like, "stop your show the news is on." Having to turn my show off and sit through them standing and pacing around the house. I found that it is more reliable than some other sources on the internet as well as just in the world. I always liked the way they tried to make it entertaining, even though it wasn't really. Over time it was good having the immediate weather and local news. I don't find myself looking or finding any information about weather or local news unless I really search for it which is not very convenient. Being able to know what the day is like and how the town or community is around you is somewhat helpful depending on what is going on in the world at that time. I think people should be more in tune with local news and how the day is going to be I feel it will benefit a lot of people being able to know just that much of what your day may be like, because it helped me and I know people it has helped as well.

#4:    Ads and sponsorships are another way I am accustomed too gaining quick information without really trying to. Watching videos whether that's on apps on your phone or computer. There are a lot of campaign slogans or companies in general who release new information about new products through ads and through sponsorships. When I am scrolling through various websites or apps I find that they are usually overwhelmed with a lot of different information that may or may not be important or have anything to do with the actual thing your looking at. Nowadays apps track what you go on and what you look at so it is more likely you see things you are interested in. For a while you would find a bunch of different information and even news on the sides of websites or ads on videos. I think now everything is more sponsor based so you are more likely to see someone with that product, trying to make it sell better with their following and the people that like them specifically.

#5:    My last and probably least used way to gain new information/news would be commercials. Now I think they go hand and hand with ads and sponsorships as well as television, but I do think they have their own section to themselves. While most commercials are basically short films about products I think it is pretty cool to see how companies use them to grasp audiences and watchers. Whether that is a car commercial or a new vacuum commercial, it allows the watcher to be caught up and in some instances, more connected with the outside world. Sometimes TV and commercials are the only way some people gain information. It is also portrayed very differently on TV than it is on websites or other internet browsers. Commercials specifically meant for audiences who are sitting at home watching TV have a distinct style and way that they give out information. I believe that it is one of the cooler ways to release information, but also people are leaning farther and farther from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Technology (Final Post)

    I do not think technology is healthy. Back in the day there were a lot more physically and mentally healthy people. I think it 100% mak...